Northwest District OhioMTA
The Northwest District OhioMTA is an association dedicated to the musical development of students and the professional growth of teachers through local programs, workshops, and other events. Our membership includes teachers of every instrument and voice.
The Northwest District is affiliated with state-wide Ohio Music Teachers Association (OhioMTA) and the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA). The Northwest District sponsors a piano pedagogy seminar each year. Underneath the Northwest District, there are a number of affiliated local chapters who organize monthly meetings and other events.
- Attendance at local, state and national meetings, workshops and conventions
- Subscription to the national journal American Music Teacher
- Subscription to the OhioMTA state newsletter
- Recitals and other performance opportunities for teachers and students
- All teachers are listed in the annual state directory which lists names, addresses, phone numbers, and instruments taught
- Association with qualified music teachers throughout the local area, state, and nation
- Recognition from public school educators, university teachers and the general public that you are continuing your professional growth and maintaining high standards
The Northwest District covers 12 counties of the OhioMTA: